To protect visitors and staff, the Library has closed until further notice based on advice from public health officials to limit social contact.
We prefer that you hold onto your borrowed materials, including those belonging to other libraries. Loan periods will be extended and fines waived.
The Library offers many digital services that can be accessed from home:
- Kanopy video streaming
- Cloud Library eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Flipster magazines
- Lynda.com online learning
- TumbleBooks eBooks, eAudiobooks
- Ancestry.com Library Edition is temporarily allowing remote access through Digital Maine Library
- If you are unable to log into into these services with your library card or need other assistance, send an email to askspl [at] scarboroughlibrary.org.
- If you need a library card and are a Scarborough resident or property owner, employee of a Scarborough business, or student at a Scarborough school, please email Mike Windsor at mwindsor [at] scarboroughlibrary.org and we may be able to issue you a temporary library card number. Required documentation can be found here but we will work with you to find alternatives.
Updates on the status of library services will be posted on this website, our Facebook page, and at phone extension 396-6286. For more information on the coronavirus, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s coronavirus website: www.coronavirus.gov