The Personnel Committee shall advise the Board of Trustees on matters pertaining to personnel administration, staffing and benefits.
The Committee will:
- Provide overall policy guidance for personnel matters in the library;
- Review personnel policies once every three years or more often as needed;
- Submit for approval, recommendations on personnel policy matters to the Board of Trustees;
- Provide policy advice to the Library Director, when requested, in the areas of employee relations, benefits, training, compensation, recruitment, and retention;
- Review staff job descriptions once every three years;
- Review wage and salary ranges and benefits once every three years;
- Identify, with the Director, changes that may have fiscal implications and report to the Finance Committee regarding these impacts.
Appropriate skills and characteristics for Personnel Committee
- At least three trustees.
- Those with a background in human resources, law, insurance.
- The Library Director or designee will serve as staff liaison to this committee.
- All participants must ensure matters discussed within this Committee remain confidential.
April 10, 2003