The Technology Committee shall advise the Board of Trustees on matters pertaining to Information Systems policies and planning.
The Committee will:
- Provide overall guidance for Library information systems policies and long range planning;
- Review information systems policies and state and federal mandated Technology Plan once every year or more often as needed;
- Submit for approval recommendations on information systems policy matters to the Board of Trustees;
- Provide advice to the Personnel Committee, when requested, in the areas of benefits, training, compensation, recruitment, and retention of information systems staff;
- Provide advice to the Personnel Committee, when requested on information systems staff job descriptions;
- Identify technology related changes that may have financial implications and report to the Finance Committee regarding these impacts.
Appropriate skills and characteristics for Technology Committee
- At least one trustee.
- Those with experience in areas such as transfer of information, management of networks, hardware acquisition and maintenance, software acquisition, end-user support and training.
- The Library Assistant Director will serve as staff liaison to this committee.
July 31, 2003