BOARD OF TRUSTEES
SCARBOROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARY
October 15, 2020 | 4:30 PM – Video Conference
Attendees: Nancy Crowell, Library Director, Catherine Morrison, Asst. Library Director, Susan Powell, Audra Sinclair, Judy Johnson, Peter Hatem, Bill Donovan, Peter Hayes, Emily Ward, Bill Onorato, Lenore Rapkin, Joyce Clark, David Shorette - Purdy Powers
Meeting called to order at 4:35 PM by Bill Donovan
Presentation of FY2020 Financial Statements - David Shorette, Purdy Powers
September Board of Trustee Minutes
- Under Town Councilor Remarks edit statement about Tax Revenues to just say Tax Revenues are up
- Motion to accept amendment made by Peter Hayes and Seconded by Peter Hatem. Passed Unanimously
- Adoption of Minutes as Amended for September 17th Meeting made by Peter Hayes and Seconded by Peter Hatem. The motion passed unanimously.
- No questions on the report submitted
- Filed for audit
- Motion made by Peter Hayes, seconded by Susan Powell. Motion passed unanimously
Library Director's Report
- No Questions
Town Councilor's Remarks
- Our revenues are tracking right on target on revenues estimated post-COVID
- Student Before/After Care at House of Lights is up and running and has additional capacity
Consent Calendar: Building Expansion Committee Minutes, no meeting
Community Relations/Development Committee Minutes, 10/05/2020
FOSL Board Minutes, not available
- Motion made by Peter Hatem and Seconded by Peter Hayes. The motion passed unanimously.
Review of Strategic Plan Summary – Motion to Accept Strategic Goals
- Motion to approve made by Peter Hayes and Seconded by Peter Hatem. The motion passed unanimously
Fundraising Feasibility Study – Status of Ad Hoc Oversight Committee
- The first meeting will happen after the election.
- Unknown at this time if meetings will be virtual or in-person
Update on impact of the new state Earned Paid Leave bill including immediate implication – Library Director
- Nancy will be attending a workshop in the next few weeks
- Nancy and staff will then be working with the PNG committee to have something to present in December
- It will come back to the board for review after it has completed with PNG
Discussion of formation of Citizen Campaign Committee and PAC (Political Action Committee)
- By setting up a separate PAC, it allows us to pay for lawn signs or other necessary materials for the campaign in the 2021 election
Report from the Finance and Investment Committee on preferred scenarios for funding expansion design and other associated project costs.
- They were not able to meet due to scheduling, will meet before the next meeting (11/19), and this will be on the items for the next agenda
Items for the next agenda:
- Report from the Finance and Investment Committee on preferred scenarios for funding expansion design and other associated project costs.
- Continued review of the fundraising feasibility study
- Emily Ward – Compliment the FOSL for putting bags of assorted book in the library – grab bag of books for $5
- Nancy encourages us to check out the This is Chance reading program
- Judy asked if other programs had met outdoors. There haven't been any beyond the Knitting group and a single Teen Advisory Board meeting.
- Bill Donovan – Encourages everyone to continue to think of any names we haven't yet thought of that could be suitable donors
Motion to adjourn by Susan Powell. Seconded by Peter Hayes. Meeting adjourned at 5:26 PM.
Submitted by Audra Sinclair