The Community and Media Relations Committee shall advise and assist library staff and the Board of Trustees on marketing and public relations activities.
The committee will:
- Review the mission and goals of the Strategic Plan;
- Develop both a long-term and short-term comprehensive marketing plan;
- Submit the marketing plans to the Library Board of Trustees for review;
- Actively participate in the creation and implementation of marketing tactics;
- Identify incremental marketing and public relations opportunities;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and public relations initiatives;
- Involve other Library Board members in public appearances;
- Solicit input from and communicate tactical changes to library staff;
- Coordinate activities with other committees as needed.
Appropriate skills and characteristics for Committee and Media Relations Committee:
- At least three members from the Board of Trustees and others from the community as needed
- Library Director or designee will serve as staff liaison to the Committee
- Members who have marketing or PR backgrounds